LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering using NI 9263

Hi, I have built a Labview prototype which accepts five analog signals and gives two changed analog signals. I am woking with Labview 8.2.1 and Ni Compact daq (chassis:9172, A/I: 9215m A/O: 9263). i am trying to add a trigger by calling a sixth analog signal. After the trigger value assigned to sixth signal is reached, it would allow the other five analog signals to  enter the Labview prototype. Please let me know how am I suppose to proceed. Also i am not sure whether this module (NI 9263) supports this triggeunhhhhh Thank you in advance. DD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,743 Views)

Dhawal,

I would like to ask for a bit more clarification about your project and what you are trying to accomplish. Are you looking for a trigger so that when AI6 crosses a voltage level, the entire task starts? The ‘Start >> Analog Window’ is the trigger type you are looking for, but is not supported in the cDAQ chassis (9172 specifications - http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371747c.pdf). One example you may look at, although software timed, is Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Analog SW Trigger.vi (Help >> Find Examples… >> Hardware Input and Output >. DAQmx >> Analog measurements >> Voltage)

David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,728 Views)
Hi David,
Thank you for your reply. Let me make clear as to what exactly I want to achieve. I am trying to collect 6 analog signals from a machine, out of which one is going to act a trigger. The triggering should accur when the sixth analog signal will send a value greater that 0.01 inch. Once the trigger has reached the Labview should start collecting remaining five analog signals. I had already tried adding a SW trigger that you had sent me (example). In this SW trigger, I wasn't able to add the value 0.01. The value automatically changed to zero.
The other question regarding this, can I call a macro in the Labview program, which would determine the trigger. If so, could you please send me some examples. i tried looking at the ones that are in examples, but it dint help me a lot.

Please let me know if you would want any other information regarding the same.

Thank you once again.

Dhawal

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,714 Views)
Hi David,
I have attached the Labview (8.2.1) program in order to make things simpler. I am sampling at 64 Hz (or 64 samples per second). I would appreciate if you could let me know that the trigger that I have added would work good (cause I dont know if this would be the right thing to do when I am using cDAQ 9172 with 9215 and 9263 modules).
Also I am trying to get a 3D plot as you can see in the labview program. I am not able to get what I need to see in that plot. I would like to see RPM on one axis, IPM on other axis and Time on the third axis. Please suggest me how to proceed.

Thank You.

Dhawal
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,709 Views)

Dhawal,

My best suggestion is to have your setup the exact same as the example previously mentioned. I re-examined the shipping example, and the reason why your .01 input is being rounded to .00 is because of the settings for the ‘Level’ control. Right-click on the control, and choose ‘properties’. Go to the ‘data range’ tab, and then change the ‘Increment’ setting from ‘Coerce to nearest’ to ‘Ignore’. This will eliminate rounding all together. I did not quite follow ‘calling a macro’, but strongly feel the software trigger is going to accomplish what you are looking for.

David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,702 Views)