LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to 8.2.1 now I have a version mismatch for the PDA module ver. 8.2

I just recieved a new laptop. I installed LV 8.2.1, then PDA module 8.2. Programs will not build. I get a "Mismatched Versions of Labview and the PDA module" error.  Help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(9,578 Views)
Hi Matt,

Are you receiving the error during the build process, or when? What type of target have you added to your project?

Interestingly enough I also have LabVIEW 8.2.1 but have not yet updated the PDA module to that version (still have 8.20), and I can build executables without any problems....

Would you be kind enough to post a screenshot of this error?

Best regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(9,560 Views)
It happens when I try to run\build the vi. Here is a screenshot. Targed was a Pocket PC 2003, or Windows Mobile 5. Niether work.
Thanks,
Matt
Message 3 of 5
(9,550 Views)

Have a look at http://www.ni.com/support/lv8_21.htm

mybe that could give you a clue,

from this side there are more links related to your problem....

Yours

Franziskus

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(9,476 Views)
Hello,

I was able to reproduce this version mismatch error on a test PC with LabVIEW 8.2.1 and PDA 8.2. This is expected behavior. Also, Matt called in on the phone, and I directed him to his internal sales representative to be shipped 8.2.1 of the PDA module.

I suspect the reason why I was not encountering this on my own PC was that I had already upgraded my LabVIEW Touch Panel Module to 8.2.1 but not PDA yet.

For all people reading this, the ultimate answer is that the PDA version number should match the LabVIEW version number.

Best regards,
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(9,130 Views)