LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger in LABVIEW 2014

I am using a state machine to setup conditions on a UUT. Apply power..send a "turn on signal"..etc using a PXIe6345 Analog outs.  All the while I need to monitor an analog in to see if during the setup I inadvertently caused the UUT to  send a pulse on another output.  I'm thinking this is a little like a trigger on a scope.  I can do things elsewhere on other analog ins/outs while constantly monitoring Ch b ( my trigger) to see if a trigger occurred.  if it did do something.  Is this parallel looping?  Any suggestions on how to accomplish w a DAQ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,907 Views)

Most of the signals you describe (Power, Turn On Unit, UUT sends a pulse) sound binary (on or off), hence more "digital" in nature than analog.  Why not use the DIO lines and have a little free-spinning loop running at whatever rate you need to get the timing accuracy you want monitoring them?  That is, assuming you can't just use the digital signals directly to trigger the analog functions of the card ...  

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,875 Views)

My stumbling block is the parallel loops.  Couldn't find any examples.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,839 Views)

@Clint1000 wrote:

I can do things elsewhere on other analog ins/outs while constantly monitoring Ch b ( my trigger) to see if a trigger occurred.  if it did do something.  Is this parallel looping? 

Sure sounds like parallel processes to me. It not always need to be loops. If you have two sequences (e.g. VIs behind each other in stead of a state machine) you can execute them in parallel without any loop at all!

@Clint1000 wrote:

Any suggestions on how to accomplish w a DAQ?

Typically, you'd make three processes. One handling DAQ (perhaps two loops: one for input, one for output) and then as many processes as required. Those other processes would be communicating with the DAQ process. Typically through channel wires, queues, user events, FGV, and what not...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,831 Views)

If you attached your State Machine VI (as a VI, not as a picture of part of the VI, or, even better, as a .zip file resulting from compressing the folder containing the entire LabVIEW Project), we'd be able to see what you are actually doing and make more useful, and, I hope, helpful, suggestions.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,829 Views)