LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger event handling of a USB Instr class instance

Dear LabVIEW community:

I need your support. I am trying to acquire the waveform of a single voltage pulse. The pulse is detected by the measurement channel of my oscilloscope (Keysight DSOX3104A). In my VI I am setting up the Oscilloscope and the subsequent measurement/waveform acquisition via a USB connection. First, the scope is configured (time/div, V/div, trigger etc. ). Then I would like to "listen" for the voltage pulse until a specified timeout. I want the scope to be triggered off the rising edge of the pulse and then start the waveform acquisition. The VI is essentially running an event handling routine (VISA Enable Event -> Write to VISA resource -> VISA Wait for Event -> VISA Disable Event). The desired event type is "Trigger", which is associated with a hex code (0xBFFF200A, I believe) but when I am running the application I get the following error message:

Error -1073807322 occurred at VISA Enable Event 

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0026) Specified event type is not supported by the resource.

What I have learned so far is that the VISA resource is an instance of the class "USB Instr". Does that mean that the event type "Trigger" has a different hex code for "USB Instr"? I am sure that the class must be able to support the event type.

Thank you for any sort of advice,

jjg2018

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,266 Views)

@jjg2018 wrote:

Dear LabVIEW community:

I am sure that the class must be able to support the event type.

The documentation (VISA Events) says otherwise:

Trigger Notifies the application that a trigger interrupt was received from the device. This may be either a hardware or software trigger, depending on the interface and the current session settings. GPIB INTFC, VXI INSTR, VXI BACKPLANE, VXI SERVANT

Only USB Interrupt seems to be allowed (although USB INSTR might be a subclass of Serial INSTR (I'm not sure)...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,204 Views)