LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2017 Instrument finder not seeing older drivers

Hi All,

My machine crashed so on the reinstall I decided I may as well try out LabVIEW 2017. I have a HP 3325B and previously I could install the driver by simply searching for Agilent and 3325B.

However with the 2017 Eval, when I try to search all I see are drivers with a minimum version of LabVIEW 2017. This means that I now can't see the 3325B driver I used to see.

Have I forgotten to install something? OR is there a setting I haven't changed? Or does LabVIEW 2017 only support instrument drivers with a "Min Version - 2017"?

Thanks,

TonyG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,953 Views)

Instead of the keyword "3325B", search for "3325" under "Agilent Technologies". I guess the "ag33xxx" instrument driver is also compatible with the 3325B subversion? See screenshot below.

Alternatively, use the following driver (EXE installer): http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=441

agilent1.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,895 Views)

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.

Unfortunately neither of those are drivers for the 3325B (the one at the link is though).

However, my problem is the dialog not seeing anything other than LabVIEW 2017 minimum drivers. In LabVIEW 2014 I could see the other drivers and install them from the dialog. I'm starting t think there s a website issue because I uninstalled all the NI software and reinstalled it but only installed LabVIEW 2014, NI 488 and NI VISA and now I can still only see those 2017 drivers.

TonyG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,889 Views)

Just to clarify: you have installed LV2017 and the driver pack, then later you installed LV2014 and drivers? Usually it is not a good idea to install newer LV version, and after that a lower version. I heard lots of troubles in such cases in the forum as I recall.

The easiest way to fix these issues, if you reinstall Windows, then you install LV2014. After that you can install LV2017 if you want...

There are other ways, but I think the best is always a clean install...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,886 Views)

Thanks. What I did was to uninstall all NI software and then install again. I started with NI488.2, THEN NI VISA and finally LabVIEW 2014.

I rebooted as requested, only used the default options and took all the updates suggested by the NI Updater. 

This should result in a good 2014 install but I'm still swing the same issue.

TonyG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,880 Views)

@tgoodhew wrote:

Thanks. What I did was to uninstall all NI software and then install again. I started with NI488.2, THEN NI VISA and finally LabVIEW 2014.

I rebooted as requested, only used the default options and took all the updates suggested by the NI Updater. 

This should result in a good 2014 install but I'm still swing the same issue.

TonyG

I think the proper order of installation steps is to start with LabVIEW, and AFTER that you install the drivers. Besides, even if you uninstalled all NI software, there might be still some "leftover" in registry, etc...So if you cannot solve the issue, just reinstall Windows and do a clean install of NI software. And start with LabVIEW, then AFTER you install instruments drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,877 Views)