LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time stamps of string data read via VISA

Hello!

I am trying to read data from a mass flow meter (Omega FMA-1600A), timestamp the data and record it in a txt file. What I did was to read the data through a VISA serial port, limit the bytes of reading per cycle and via string combination to put everything together in a new row of data which includes the timestamp. However, the timestamp is still inserted at random locations, so it splits numbers (e.g. 0.0.36 565) and I can't seem to put it in the beginning. Do you know what I could do to avoid this?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,891 Views)

With the information you have provided (not) I can say with confidence, the answer to your question

"

Do you know what I could do to avoid this?

"

Is

Fix your code.

Id you want a more useful answer please share the code you have trouble with and somebody should be able to help you.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,881 Views)

@ttoshkov wrote:

Hello!

I am trying to read data from a mass flow meter (Omega FMA-1600A), timestamp the data and record it in a txt file. What I did was to read the data through a VISA serial port, limit the bytes of reading per cycle and via string combination to put everything together in a new row of data which includes the timestamp. However, the timestamp is still inserted at random locations, so it splits numbers (e.g. 0.0.36 565) and I can't seem to put it in the beginning. Do you know what I could do to avoid this?

Thank you!

They're not "random" locations.  It just seems that way because you haven't fully understood the way to communicate with the instrument.  Carefully read the manual where it shows how to communicate with the instrument.  Feel free to upload the manual so we can prepare for your questions.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,877 Views)