LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I plot a Waveform Graph with an x scale that is not time ??

Hello Everyone

It seems something very oblivious and easy but some how I am really stocked.

I want to plot a waveform, but instead y= f(time) I want to y= f(x) which x is a distance and y is Force.

I want to plot the force in function of the distance instead of time.

Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,389 Views)

Just edit the label for "Time" to be something else.  It is just the default label because most of the time (no pun intended) time is the x-axis for people.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,365 Views)

Hi Zaidi,

just change the axis labels to "distance" and "force"…

(When your x values aren't spaced equally you should consider using an XY graph.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,364 Views)

A Waveform Graph (as opposed to an XY Graph) is meant for plotting Waveforms, a LabVIEW data cluster construct that represents XY values assuming that the X Values are equally spaced and can be completely determined by knowing the initial X value (call it "x0") and the equal spacing (call it "dx"), while the Y values are represented by the array Y of all the values.  Two common Waveforms are "sampled data" (where X is Time, and the Waveform Cluster labels are t0, dt, and Y) and "FFT results" (where the "sampled data" are amplitude, phase, or power, and the X corresponds to the initial frequency f0 and frequency interval df).

As other posters have noted, you are free to change the X and Y labels on the Waveform Graph or Chart to suit the units you are actually using -- just be sure that you are using Y values measured at equally-spaced X intervals, and that you identify the starting X ("x0") and the X spacing ("dx") in the Cluster.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,355 Views)

Sorry I tried what you suggest and other staff too (see picture).

But Nothing works.

I want measured signal in function of Actual position.

The maximum value of actual position is 1250, but in the graph I see more than 3000.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,339 Views)

This is a picture of the signals.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,338 Views)

But Nothing works.

The maximum value of actual position is 1250, but in the graph I see more than 3000.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,319 Views)

But Nothing works.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,317 Views)

So in the picture I see 3 displays.  Two are waveform graphs.  The 3rd is an XY graph?

Is the XY graph correct?  And if not, how is it wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,315 Views)

What is the logical connection between "actual position" and dt of the waveform?

If you really want help, attach the vi and some data. Truncated images are useless.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,279 Views)