LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Stamp Control Formatting

Solved!
Go to solution

In LabVIEW Classic you can remove the seconds and milliseconds from the time stamp control on the Front Pane  It's very distracting for the user to change the time, they shouldn't have to worry about seconds and miliseconds.  It appears to me that this cannot be done in LabVIEW NXG.  Will I have to rewrite the entire program in original LabVIEW Classic to format my time stamp control?

• Is it possible to format the seconds and millseconds out of the time stamp control in NXG?
  • Is it possible to convert NXG code to Classic LabVIEW?

Or does anyone have any suggestions for a work around in NXG? I could have the user input each value independently into a cluster I suppose... But that would also result in rewriting quite a bit of code.

----------------------------------------------------
Studying for CLA.
LabVIEW, inherit from social media habits!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,917 Views)

To answer one of your questions - NXG offers a one-way conversion from "classic" which is functional under many scenarios but I don't believe it is currently possible to automatically convert an NXG application back to "classic" LabVIEW. I have gotten into the habit of thinking of the two packages as independent toolsets.

Message 2 of 3
(2,888 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CDuck

Hi CDuck,

I don't see any way to customize the timestamp control in NXG currently. This may be a good piece of feedback to give NI R&D. You can give feedback by clicking the conversation bubble button next to the search bar and then select "Tell us what we can improve".

Creating a gtype cluster with options to configure the date and time and then building that cluster into a timestamp datatype will probably be your best bet for a workaround.

-J. Calvert

Message 3 of 3
(2,852 Views)