cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Delay between two parallel while loops

Solved!
Go to solution

HI ,

I am running 6 parallel while loops for generating 6 digital Wave form. I need to give a 15 seconds delay in between these 6 while loops. Could please any one help me in creating the delay?

Regards

Sagar S

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,576 Views)

Hello,

do you mean that the 6 loops should be running the one after the other but 15 seconds delayed?

Like in a sequence?

Greetings and Regards,

James

Greetings and Regards,
James
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,561 Views)

Not in a sequence.

Scenario is when vi runs 1st wave form will generate and after 15 seconds 2nd will generate and after 15 seconds 3rd will generate etc for 6 waveform.

All 6 has to run parallel.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,557 Views)

your problem description reads like you only need one loop,

that produces all 6 waveforms consequitively, while waiting for 15s after eacht "iteration" is completed.

so far nothing from your description needs parallelism.

regards

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,537 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I tried in one loop but wave form generation is not happening and also i was unable to give the time delay. Could u please help me with any idea?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,529 Views)

temp1.png

something like this comes to mind

what you need to take care of is how you want to display your waveforms,

if you want it in (6) seperate graphs, then you must have a case structure,

which is selected by the iteration counter (i) for example

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,521 Views)

what you also could do is just to have a data-flow-connection between each while-loop, that has the "wait-miliseconds" in between, like so:

temp2.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,514 Views)

I need 6 different waveforms

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,510 Views)

with the picture from your first post,

the waveform generation doesnt seem to depend on previous waveform,

therefor you could just have the values for generation before the loop in something like an array and index with the iteration counter (i)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,505 Views)

Reading your second problem description it looks like a sequence structure could do what you need.

Jwscs gave you an example already. 

And if you want the waves to be generated continuously, you could use a while loop

wave form and wait.jpg

This was my first idea, an example for 2 wave forms...

but still you can improve it..

Greetings and Regards,
James
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,501 Views)