cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tilt a boolean square led

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I want to tilt a square led, it seems simply but I do not know how to do it.

I can change the height and widht but no the angle.

I attach a picture where I want to put a led from the center of an hexagon until the perimeter.

Captura.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,358 Views)

Not sure that you can.

One option would be to replace the indicator with a picture ring containing 6 images. 3 angles of OFF and 3 angles of ON.

Make the picture ring's frame transparent, and the unused areas of the image transparent, it should look how you expect.

You can then add the logic to transition between the states as required.

0xDEAD

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,353 Views)

Thanks,

Where can I find that picture ring that you say? I do not follow you, I do not understant.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,343 Views)

Or use a picture indicator.

You can grab the image of a square led rotate it and place it in the picture as needed.

See this post where Christian showed us how to rotate an image.

RotateVase

You can the image of the Boolean using an invoke node get image.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,341 Views)

@aitorplaza wrote:

Thanks,

Where can I find that picture ring that you say? I do not follow you, I do not understant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmDLCsnOegw

This video shows you how. Make 6 different pictures in the ring and switch between them as needed.

0xDEAD

Message 5 of 12
(4,329 Views)
Right-click on the boolean, select Advanced -> Customize ... Click on the little wrench on the toolbar (becomes tweezers). Now you can import images for the different states.
"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,277 Views)

All you need is three different booleans. A rectangular (3,4) and two with the picture of the rectangular LED tilted 60 (2,5) or -60 (1,6) degrees (rotate in a drawing program and import into a button). Now arrange them as outlined with the dashed lines. You can even arrange them in a cluster.

HexLED.png

Message 7 of 12
(4,231 Views)

Of course it also depends what you need this for. If only zero or one LED can be on at the same time (e.g. a direction indicator), you can make a picture ring with 7 images, each containing all LEDs in a single picture. If all LEDs can be ON or OFF independently, you have 64 different states and I would go with my solution above.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,220 Views)

You might also consider using rectangular LED and make an overlay image that has transparent 'windows' with the shape of LED led you would like.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,193 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aitorplaza

Here is an example of an overlay (VI attached).  I would usually make this a cluster and then typdef it.  I would also consider replacing the LED with a color box to allow for more states/colors if needed.

Capture.PNG

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 10 of 12
(4,182 Views)