From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thorlabs Kinesis LabVIEW simulator

Hello NI Community,

Is it possible to simulate the Thorlabs Kinesis hardware in LabVIEW?

I know there is a Kinesis simulator tool but I cannot connect to the simulator through LabVIEW.

Unfortunately I do not have acces to the hardware at the moment so it would be really nice to check the code with the simulator.  

Kind regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,757 Views)

Hi, Victor,

Yes, it's possible!
Briefly speaking, connecting simulated device requires another Labview class named "SimulationManager" in your block diagram.

Among the example VIs downloaded from Thorlabs website, there is one VI named "Kinesis - Simulated Hardware.vi" in the folder "Simulator".

LAonearth_0-1593297875840.png

Instruction for connecting simulated devices is written its block diagram. You need to start with "SimulationManager" class in your block diagram and your simulated device's serial number while keep the Kinesis Simulator.exe application open.

LAonearth_2-1593297933073.png

After I included this class in the diagram, I have connected the simulated device in my Labview program.

LAonearth_3-1593298008430.png

Happy Labviewing!

Message 2 of 2
(2,654 Views)