From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermocouple Sensors: Averaging Samples

I measuring Temperature with the following vi. Although my vi averages all the samples, I wanted to know if there is simpler (programmatically better) way to average the samples.

Also if you notice in my VI includes the Number to fractional String.vi. In the terminal "use system decimal point" I had to add a constant boolean with the value of false because in the excel report the comma was missing, so the samples were incorrect. Is it normal behavior that the decimal point is not displayed?

In the menu options-->front panel I checked and unchecked the setting "use localized decimal point" but the problem remained. Take into consideration that I have English Windows 7 64bit (in the location settings I have Greece), I use LabVIEW 2009 SP1 32bit and English Office 2007.

Thank you very much,

Giorgos

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,224 Views)

That way works well because the point by point VI's are using shift registers to hold the previous values.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,183 Views)