LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABVIEW 8.2 HANGS

HELLO

IAM STUCK IN THIS PROBLEM AND I WOULD LIKE SOME ASSISTANCE.

LABVIEW 8.2 HANGS WHEN OPENING AN SPECIFIC VI.

THE SPLASH WHINDOW COMESUP, BUT HALFWAY TROUGH THE APLICATION LOADING PROCESS IT HANGS, AND SHOWS AS ''not responding" WHEN OPENING THE TASK MANAGER.

IF I OPEN LV.EXE IT RUNS AND GIVES ME THE SECOND WINDOW WHEN THE USER CHOOSES WHAT TO DO WITHOUT PROBLEMS

ALSO IF I OPEN ANY OTHER VI IT OPENS IT WITHOUT PROBLEMS. (THE COMPLAIN IS ONLY WHEN LOADING THIS PARTICULAR VI)

I HAVE LREADY RAN THIS VI ON ANOTHER COMPUTER WITHOUT PROBLEMS, THEN I COPIED IT AND OVERRIDE IT ON THE OTHER MACHINE (THE MACHINE WHERE THE HANGING IS HAPPENING)

I DID THE LabVIEW.ini DELETION AND IT PARTIALLY RESOLVED THE PROBLEM (ONLY LASTED TWO WORKING DAYS)

NOW IAM DOING A LabVIEW REPAIR.

IF THIS DOESNT RESOLVE THE PROBLEM I REALLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT.

MOST OF WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR ARE BASED ON THIS OTHER POST http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/labview-8-0-hangs-during-start/m-p/337758

HERE ARE TWO ERROR.TXT MESSEGESTHAT WHERE GENERATED N TWO DIFFERENT ATTEMPTS OF RUNNING THE PARTICULAR VI AS WELL AS A PICTURE OF THE ERROR

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,411 Views)

I think the problem is that your shift key is stuck on your keyboard.

Why don't you attach the VI so we can see if we can replicate the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,405 Views)

I HAVE TRIED TO POST THE VI, BUT IT IS BIGGERE (EVEN ZIPPED) THAN 5.12 MB I THINK OF MAXIMUN ATTTACHMENT SIZE...

IS THERE ANOTHER WAY OF YOU GETTING A HOLD OF MY VI?

IAM OUT OF IDEAS AT THIS MOMENT...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,386 Views)

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?!

Please don't type in all caps.  That is the internet equivalent to yelling and it is very difficult to read.

If you have one VI that is as large as 5 MB zipped (what is the unzipped size?) you do have real problems.  Do you have a lot of data saved in front panel controls, indicators, or constants.  I don't think I've heard of any normal VI being anywhere near that size on disk.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,373 Views)

I apologize for the caps, it was never my intention to yell, just thought it would be more legible...

the VI does have alot of costom controls in it.. the main VI is 5.76 MB unziped...

the other option would be to send it by email, but i would have to see if it would let me send that much, and obviously you would have to agree...

again, i apologize for the miss interpretation.

thanks again for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,367 Views)

when I say "obviously you would have to agree" I meant that was the second thing that had to be true in order to try the email way

wouldnt want more miss interpretations.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,363 Views)