cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The problem with SFTP communication

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,
I am trying to connect to robot (Universal Robots) via SFTP.
When I use FileZilla, everything is ok, I can connect. In the attachment I am sending a photo (FileZilla.png).

When I wanted to connect via LabVIEW - unfortunately I can not connect. I wanted to read, for example, the log_history.txt file, so I create a simple program. In the attachment I am sending a photo (LabVIEW_sftp.png).

From what I know, I should get the contents of this file. Am I doing something wrong? Should I add something? When I turn on the program, it never turns off. I need to use the "Abort Execution" button
Have you ever had similar problems?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,884 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MirekEK

@MirekEK wrote:  Am I doing something wrong?

Yes.  That VI is for FTP, but you need to SFTP.  FTP is simple TCP based while SFTP is based on SSH.  They are not compatible with each other.

Unfortunately, LabVIEW does not currently support SFTP.  You might be able to make a wrapper around Putty to do the job or some other .NET library out there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,861 Views)

Thanks for the clarification. On the Internet I found an example program code that allows communication through SFTP using LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,837 Views)

i find the SFTP IN labview 2019 how to install my pc?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,240 Views)