From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal type of source is "long", sink is "void"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I have wire to an "Invoke Method" block, but I'm getting the following error shown in the picture. 

I was wondering how I can solve it. 

NI_1.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,929 Views)

Data probably isn't a valid DMA FIFO.  It needs to be a Target to Host DMA FIFO.

Can you zip up your project and post it?  That would be easier to debug.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,915 Views)

Sure, please find attached my project files. 

Sorry, I couldn't make a ziped file as I got a corrupted file massage!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,903 Views)

Yep, you don't have a DMA FIFO in your FPGA target.  So trying to read a FIFO called Data that doesn't exist will cuase this problem.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,896 Views)

Nice help. I'll try to solve the problem. I'll ask if I run into a problem in defining the DMA FIFO. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,885 Views)

Hi, the following picture shows a block in the FPGA target code.

The documentation of that block says "6. Write the measured data to the DMA FIFO." 

I was wondering why this DMA FIFO is not working and how I can define the appropriate DMA FIFO in the FPGA target. 

Untitled picture.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,838 Views)

I created a DMA FIFO in the project as shown in the following figure. 

Now I'm going to check if it solves the problem. 

Untitled picture1.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,832 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cashany

If you haven't created a FIFO yet, right-click on your FPGA target and select New->FIFO.  If you have the FIFO created, you can double-click it in the project window to open the properties dialog.

GCentral
Message 8 of 9
(3,829 Views)

After creating a DMA FIFO in the project explorernow the problem is solved and the wires are not broken as shown in the following window. 

Untitled picture2.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,827 Views)