LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take multiple inputs from BNC2120

I have a BNC2120 board.

I need to take inputs from two channels and display the outputs on separate waveform graphs.

My current VI takes two inputs from channel A2 and A6 and the data is sent to waveform graph 1 and 2 thorugh a signal splitter.

I however see the same signal on both the graphs.

I am a beginner with LabView and need the solution asap!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,944 Views)

asap!

Don't yell at us, then Smiley Wink

Why don't you show us your code so we can see what you have tried?

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,937 Views)
The BNC-2120 is just a dumb terminal block so you won't get any signal at all from it. What is your actual DAQ device? As mentioned, also need your code.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,891 Views)

Not shouting! 😄 

Secondly, i just have that one so can't do anything about that!

I am attaching the VI. Its a pretty basic one.Do check it out!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,860 Views)

So, I just did do check it out and don't immediately see an error.

Here are a few remarks:

• You wrote AI2 and AI6 in your inital post, but the VI acquires from AI2 and AI4
  • Where is the "signal splitter" you wrote about?
  • Where are the separate Waveform graphs?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,829 Views)

Sorry.. I accidentally uploaded the other VI i was working on. So here's the one i described to you earlier.
My board is PCIe-6323.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,814 Views)

So what happens, when you connect another graph directly to the output of the express VI? Do you see two identical graphs,too?

What happens if you use index array to access the values?

What happens in either case, when you simply disconnect the cable?

(I'm not normally not one to bash the use of express VIs just because, but I just remembered what a nightmare the dynamic datatype isSmiley Very Happy)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,805 Views)

When i connect the graph directly, i see two graphs on my screen, with different colors (they can be defined in properties). The same problem however, they follow each other with a little gap on the Y- axis.
When i disconnect the cable, i see just the connected signal on my graph. and everything runs normally.

I haven't tried index array yet due to the simple reason that i don't know how to. 😄

If there is a possibility that it solves my problem, do you mind explaining to me or pointing to a source that can help me implement it.?

and yes i have seen dynamic datatype and as a beginner, i could'nt even start understanding what was going on there! 😄

I have plans to learn it in future but for now, i would like to stick express VIs! 😄 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,784 Views)