LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Property Nodes

Hi All,

I am using tables to display test data. I want the background color to change based on the data value. Currently I am using a separate property node for each cell. Is there a way to use one property node to change multiple different cells? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,782 Views)

I don't understand "using a different property node for each cell." Could you share your code so that we can see what you mean. You can change the value of any of the cells with a single property node. You can also change multiple cells together with a single property node by expanding the property node.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,771 Views)

If you set the Row or the Column for the Active Cell to -1, it will select the entire row or column.  -2 also includes the header.

Edit:

Just re-read the help.  Apparently -1 selects the header and -2 selects the row or column including the header.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,763 Views)

Attached is a shot of what I am doing. I know how to change header, column and row colors. I want to selectively pick and choose different cells in random order to change the color.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,734 Views)

See if the attached vi helps.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,723 Views)

Create arrays of those clusters.  Feed them into a For Loop that autoindexes on those arrays.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,720 Views)

No you can not set an arbitrary set of cells beyond what crosrulz wrote

All rows

All Collum

Entire table.

If you can limit the number of cell you are going to muck with then using a single node sized to do all of them, you would only have to do a UI thread swap once instead of multiple time.

Now if you have an arbitrary number (for instance making it look like green-bar paper) then you will have to watch your performance.

Defer FP updates before the update

Setting a sub-VI to run in the UI thread to do the property changes

And also possibly hiding the table before the changes are applied.

But if the table gets very large, you may have to resort to rolling-your-own table and not displaying everything.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,719 Views)