cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab Control doesn't execute

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

i am working on an application with multiple front panels. so i am using tab control to shift from one panel to another.

its working fine for all the cases except one.

i am attaching the pic on that case where a particular page is called and it doesn't get executed.

pls have a look at it and let me know where is the problem

Thanks,

Ritesh 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,996 Views)
My first guess would be to check the values of your enum, then I'd check that the case is actually executing.  Perhaps I'd do the second one first.  I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO FIRST.
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,990 Views)

I have checked both.

the case is executing with no issues.

and the enum values are also correct . its executing perfectly when called in a different event .

Ritesh 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,983 Views)

Is there anything happening after this event that could be setting it to a different page?  Try putting a Breakpoint after the case structure to see if it changes.

Could you post your program?

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,971 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LVCoder

What version of LabVIEW?

I have seen a bug in LV 8.0 and 8.2 where:

If you DEFER PANEL UPDATES,

Set the TAB control to tab X

Un-DEFER PANEL UPDATES.

then the TAB control will show tab X in front, but what's on the page is from some other tab.

In other words, it changed the tab doohickey itself, but didn't change the contents.

The workaround was to change the tab via a PROPERTY NODE : VALUE function, rather than a local variable.

I suggest you give that a try. 

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

Message 5 of 6
(2,955 Views)

Hey Steve,

yeah man updating it by property node worked like charm.

thank u,

ritesh 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,948 Views)