From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subpanels?

Hello, I m working on a visualisation. Bet I wont to work whit more screens.an example: You see the hole project on de main. if you click on the generator you go to an other screen and you see the specific data from the generator.How can I do this? must I work with sub panels or with view? I think with sub panels bet must I copy the hole program to the subVI?

I think that’s a little bit stupid, is it?

Greetz Rutte 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,193 Views)

Whether you should use popup VIs or subpanels really depends on how much information you want displayed at the same time. With subpanels the subVI's front panel is displayed inside of the main VI. There is no code duplication. If you use subpanels and you want to pop open the subVI that's embedded within the subpanel then you need to first remove the subVI from the panel and then use the VI Server to open the subVI dynamically.

Attached is a modified version of the "Subpanel Viewer" example that ships with LabVIEW. It should get you started with some ideas.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,171 Views)
Thanks for the example. Now i can go on.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,149 Views)