From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab Control - UI Tabs Customization

Hi, all!

I would like to customize Tabs on the Tab Control. More exactly - I would like to add bevels to the tabs as shown below:

Is it theoretically possible? May be some workarounds exists?

with best regards,

Andrey.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(6,494 Views)
Hello Andrey,

for what kind of weird reason do you need the one on the right and not the one on the left Smiley Surprised ??

I only could found these... Apart from drawing your own which I reckon will be a pain, I think you`ll have to go with one already existant...

Message Edité par TiTou le 06-20-2006 02:18 PM

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(6,488 Views)

Hi, TiTou,

This requirement coming from corporate UI Guidelines, where shapes of Tabs strongly predefined. I can do required "skinning" for most controls which can be customezed, but unfortunately not for Tab Control...

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(6,482 Views)
Well... that is quite restrictive... in my company we also must respect some rules to have similar user interface for any soft, which is often well-concidered by our customers.
but too much is too much... I hope you'll find a way ;), goo luck !

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(6,479 Views)
Maybe you could find a third party activex control that will let you do this.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(6,469 Views)
You could do this using the picture control can be used to display different images of false tab pages behind a tab control that is transparent. The tabs in the picture control can then be monitored for key clicks to switch the tab page and change the background image.

That is probably to much work!

If "close counts" (as in atom bombs and handgranades) then adding a small image to the tab may help.

See attached example.

Otherwise...

See this thread

for a lot of links to examples of the picture control.

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 06-20-2006 07:42 AM

Message Edited by Ben on 06-20-2006 07:44 AM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Download All
Message 6 of 17
(6,470 Views)
You can turn off the display of the original tabs in the right click visible items menu. Then make your own tab display out of pictures or other controls.
Message 7 of 17
(6,449 Views)
You may also be able to use the image only tab layout.
Message 8 of 17
(6,444 Views)

Excellent suggestions uncle!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(6,435 Views)
Here is a transparent tab control with image tabs only. A raised box decoration was put on each tab page in the back of all controls.
Message 10 of 17
(6,428 Views)