From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP close leaves connection opened

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello guys,

I am using a ethernet connection to query data from 2 sensors acquisition units.

This query is driven by a 30 second period timed loop.  As this rate is quite low, I close the connection and reopen it each time.

I try to connect to the unit through the same 2 ports each time, 50 000 and 50 001. 

I Get the error message that the connection is already used while a TCP close connection executed w/o error before.

The network tool monitor TCP view gives me the following screen [network_connections.png] when I run w/o specifying the local port. It appears that the previous connection are not closed properlly and are still in TIME_WAIT state. This list is encreasing continuouslly, leading to networks errors. (IP adress for units are 200.0.4.152 and 153)

Could you please help me about this?

Thank you in advance 🙂

Regards,

Brunoclose.pngget_input.pngInit.pngInit.pngMain.pngnetwork_connections.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,364 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mechatronic_is_good

Hello,

This appears to be a common behaviour:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/119D334B8B78732E862574E1006D1839

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,350 Views)

30 seconds is not a slow rate for network communication. Why not just leave the connection open? It will save a lot of overhead in addition to solving your error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,324 Views)

Hi,

What if I want to leave TCP open all the time? I'm running continuously.

Should I remove TCP Close, or replace with TCP open??? Please help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,926 Views)