From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP/IP Connection Loop

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to come up with a loop like this:

Labview vi #1 -------> Python ----------> Labview vi #2

(server)                    (client 1)                (client 2)

I am trying to do this in the same computer for now, although eventually python will have to be on a different computer. I have found an example regarding the first part (from server LV vi #1 to client Python). However I am very new to this and the communication between the clients (from python to LV vi #2) puzzles me. Is there a way to achieve this? what would you suggest?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,742 Views)
Solution
Accepted by SueLong

@SueLong wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to come up with a loop like this:

Labview vi #1 -------> Python ----------> Labview vi #2

(server)                    (client 1)                (client 2)

I am trying to do this in the same computer for now, although eventually python will have to be on a different computer. I have found an example regarding the first part (from server LV vi #1 to client Python). However I am very new to this and the communication between the clients (from python to LV vi #2) puzzles me. Is there a way to achieve this? what would you suggest?

The Python code needs to be both a client and a server.  The client side of Python is getting data from VI #1.  It then needs to pass the data to the server side of the Python code to pass it on to VI #2.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,723 Views)

Thank you very much for your time!

I will try to figure out how to make python client pass the info to the python server.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,703 Views)

Hi,
I have attached what I have come up with so far. I can't seem to get the Labview client to connect to the Python server. I am getting Error 63 that goes like: Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x3F) Serial port receive buffer overflow.
=========================
LabVIEW: (Hex 0x3F) The network connection was refused by the server.

Anyhow, what I hope to achieve is:
- Labview VI connects to Python through a socket
- Python displays "Connection from address has been established!" and sends "Welcome!" to Labview
- Labview displays "Welcome!" on the Labview front panel
- When the user clicks on "STOP" on the front panel of Labview, Labview sends a message to Python that says "STOP!" (and Python displays it)

Am I messing this up? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,643 Views)