LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronously value change

Hello!

Please, if anyone can explain to me how you could do that all the indicators at the same time change the value.

In one program I have a problem when I change the language. The Captions of the indicators is changed synchronously according to the implementation of the loop.

I wish that all the indicators change when the value recorded the last indicator.

Please help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,586 Views)

I think you are looking for this.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,580 Views)

I have LV 8.6. :S

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,578 Views)

Here you go...

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,576 Views)

We did not understand.
I have about 500 indicators, which can change the caption, and I would like this to happen simultaneously. Now, the caption changed with the implementation of the program - asynchronously.

This example, I deliberately put the timing in order to more clearly show the operation of the program as a function of time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,574 Views)

Sorry, but it is not clear what you are looking for (at least it seems that my example does not fit your requirements).

Please be more specific:

- How do you swap language (localize)?

- You are correct that for localization, we require to work with the caption of controls/indicators (as opposed to "the label"). But how is that connected to "value change" which happens only during runtime of the VI?

- What does your initial example show us exactly? I've seen a near to no-go (timeout of 1ms for event structure) and some "obscure timings in the Start Value Change event. You tell us that there is a purpose in this for-loop. But i don't understand that.....

thanks,

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,572 Views)

If this Event was 500 indicators, which we want to change the Caption would be possible to see that the caption changed asynchronously and all the Caption does not change simultaneously.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,568 Views)

Ok, so....

you have up to 500 front panel elements. All those show their CAPTION.

You want to distribute a function "localize" where the CAPTION of all those elements is going to change their values.

But you do not want to happen this "at once" but to change the CAPTION 'one by one'.

Is that correct?

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,565 Views)

No.

I wish that all the caption changed simultaneously and not in the range of about 100ms.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,563 Views)

test[1]_BD.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,559 Views)