From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burst output at maximum duty cycle

Hi,

I have been working on a C program that was used in a welding machine. Now, I would like to change a part of code to make the burst output at full duty cycle and user maximum time. I just want to test any method in labVIEW before implementing it in C. I am quiet good in understanding labVIEW code and therefore using it to figure it out somehow.

The details of the machine are 400Hz, 2-4 KAmps and the AC mains are at 50Hz. What exactly I want is to produce a burst current according to the user input current and mind it that duty cycle is always at maximum. So, I don't care about duty cycle settings. I have no idea to find a way. Can any one have suggestions for me?

Help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,002 Views)

I have done some search around and come to a conclusion. I would like to give three settings to user and those are current, set time and duty cycle. The duty cycle should not be changed ever and it should be at maximum i.e.. 50% all the time of a periodic pulse train. User can change the current value and set time according to his interest but duty cycle not. If the set time is passed and the rest of duty cycle should blanked automatically in order to stop the current and it should follow the same rhythm for every set time and current value. The frequency is 400Hz and AC mains are at 50Hz.

Can any have some suggestions to me?    

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,980 Views)