LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching between loops based on elapsed time.

Solved!
Go to solution

Yeah I created the enum and connected it to shift register but how do i switch between the values of enum after the time intervals?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(2,152 Views)

can you show us what you have?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(2,149 Views)

Hi

I don't exactly have anything except for a while loop with an enum attached to a shift register and case structures inside the while loop. I can attach it here but it would be rather embarassing. I'll try to develop something worthwhile today and then post it. I need to understand to work with the elemnets of state machine.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(2,130 Views)

@kunal7505 wrote:

Hi

I don't exactly have anything except for a while loop with an enum attached to a shift register and case structures inside the while loop. I can attach it here but it would be rather embarassing. I'll try to develop something worthwhile today and then post it. I need to understand to work with the elemnets of state machine.

It's not embarrassing; it's encouraging!  Just let it all hang out, like we're your doctor.  We won't be too judgemental.  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(2,120 Views)
Solution
Accepted by kunal7505

See if this rings a bell. (Very generic code!)

Message 15 of 25
(2,114 Views)

Here is what I have been able to setup. It's working pretty well but I still need some advice. Throughout the vi I have added comments wherever I am not clear. The major part is how to check for the 30 minute time interval. Another thing that is happening is that the when I switch to backwash valve the feed valve timer keeps on running, but I cannot pause it as well since I keep track of the one minute time for backwash using that timer. Please suggest resolve for the same and also if other tweakings are suggested.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(2,098 Views)

as a first step, get rid of all these local variables. none are needed. Place the indicators after the case structure and feed relevant values out of the case structure. Also place the controls outside the case.

Have you studied my examples.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(2,088 Views)

try ranging, leds are on at the top of the hour as initial start or you can start by adding 30 minutes to the existing system clock minutes

solenoid.png

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(2,077 Views)

Hi,

@altenbach

Can you please explain the example and as to how it can solve my problem.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(2,044 Views)

@kunal7505 wrote:

Can you please explain the example and as to how it can solve my problem.

Do you have any specific question?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(2,037 Views)