From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch matrix

Hi ,

Im planning to design a labview panel which will control a video matrix using RS232 communication.

the matrix have 8 inputs and 8 outputs , each input can be routed to only one output. Once the input and the output was chosen in the panel , an apropriate command will be sent through the communication channel to the matrix Chip. Now , im trying to understand how to design such a matrix or just implement such kind of logic , any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,222 Views)

Are you trying to control an existing video matrix, if so which manufacturer and model, or design and build one of your own? In the latter case everything is up in the air and we currently have no information to start with. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,203 Views)

Hi .

Im not trying to control an existing video matrix .

Im using Analog Device ADN4604 chip whis is controlled using I2C/SPI .

I have I2C to RS232 adapter.

Im trying to figure how to design such a mtatrix . for Example if The user choose Input1 to Output 5 , an 0x2A command is sent through the serial channel.

I have 16X16 Channels (16 In , 16 Out).

Best regards .

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,177 Views)

From a GUI perspective, I am thinking you should use a few Listboxes.  You can have a Listbox for the inputs, another for the outputs, and a third to show which ones have been connected.  So you have the user select an input and an output and then a button to connect them.  At this point, you remove those from their respective Listboxes and add the combination to the third.  This is also when you send your command.  You can also have a disconnect button, which will send the command to disconnect the selected pair.  Also remove this pair from the "connected" Listbox and add those elements back to the input and output Listboxes.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,165 Views)