LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control a Delta Elektronika Power generator sm 7020 using Labview

Hi there, I'm new in labview and I'm looking for a vi program or helps to control a power generator delta elektronika sm 7020. Any helps ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,123 Views)

Hi Ahmed,

can you give us a bit more to go on? What type of interface do you have at your disposal?

According to the manual, remote controlling the power supply works the same way as it does on current models: You select the control you want and purchase the control module accordingly. If you have inherited the power supply, your first step would be to look at its back side.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,076 Views)

In the back side there is a d-connection 15 pins that I have to use.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,068 Views)

Does it look like page 44 of the manual? If so, that's the analog interface and you have to connect some voltage to the pins. E.g. Use the analog output of some measurement device to supply the voltage, like an NI-6321 or similar. Then you can control voltage and current by changing your output voltage on the DAQ card.

If it's something else, please be more specific. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,063 Views)

as you said, yes it's an analog interface. what i have to do is to take 2 signals (numerical 1/0, or 0-5v) from another machine and send them to the power supply. after that i will set the power supply on the values desired, so when the first signal arrives, the power will go on, when the other signal arrives, the power supply goes off. My problem is that's my first time to operate on a programmable power supply and i heard that i can control it with labview. So can i connect the other machine to the power supply directly, or i'll have to pass it through another interface (eg.controller) or have i to connect it to labview ?

I really appreciate your help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,049 Views)

So, on the newer Analog Interfaces, it's fairly simple: You switch it on and then you just connect an analog output to it, which you can control from LabVIEW. Then the PSup should follow your output voltage.

As I said before, you can use any DAQ Device with an output to do this. In the past, we've used an X-Series (e.g. 6363) card from NI, but this was overkill. Maybe you could use an Arduino or similar to do the same, but in the end, it'll come down to implementing fig. 3-14 on page 44 of the manual.

At first, you can try wiring it as shown, with two Pots and see if that works.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,041 Views)