cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub Panel VI mouse down event

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I have a VI (VI_A) that is called by my Main VI and is displayed in a Sub panel.

VI_A has events that are driven by the Panel -> Mouse Down event which work fine when VI_A is run 'stand alone'.

However, when VI_A is displayed in the Sub Panel of the Main VI the Mouse Down event never actions.

I am guessing this is due to the mouse down event being recognized as happening on the Main_VI not the VI_A.

Is there any way to get the Mouse_Down to action in VI_A when it is displayed in the Sub Panel?

I hope what I've written makes sense.....

Thanks,

Iain 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,091 Views)

It works for me. Why don't you attach your code so we can help.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 5
(2,071 Views)

... Or test with my attached code.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 3 of 5
(2,066 Views)

I guess you register dynamically for those events? Check the error out of the dynamic event registration. It will fail for FP events if the FP is not open...

So, make sure the FP is in the subpanel. Or hide the panel, register and than put the FP in the subpanel.

Message 4 of 5
(2,048 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Goomba79

Hello,

Thanks for your replies!
After some further investigation it finally dawned on me that although I was opening and displaying my VI_A in the Sub Panel; VI_A was not running!

So I wired in an Invoke node and used the Run VI method and hey presto it now works!.........That made me feel pretty dumb!

Thanks again for taking time to reply!

Iain 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,037 Views)