LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck application after a while

I have a labview code. The purpose of the code is to read(with VISA) a specific protocol, read it, modify it with some sub vi that I created and send(also with VISA) some messages in a different protocol.

I built an application(.exe) with an installer.

When I ran the code in my laptop it worked without problem for a several hours and it stopped because I chose to stop.

When I installed the application I created on different computer, the code worked only for several minutes(1 to 20 minutes). There is no message for any error, it looks like the screen is frozen. After this happens, the software doesn't respond. 

What should I do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,076 Views)

To answer "What should I do?" - you should share your source code for that application

Next, share more about what exactly it is trying to control - model, datasheet etc.,

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,066 Views)

@rotemyeskin wrote:

What should I do?

You need do do a detailed inspection of your code to look for deadlocks, race conditions, memory leaks, infinite timeouts, and unreachable events that lock the front panel.

How much LabVIEW (and programming in general) experience do you have? How familiar are you with reading code and detailed debugging? Do you have access to the source code? Who wrote it?

Obviously, you have a bug but there is no way for us to help unless you attach your code. Please do!

Also, are there any hardware differences between the two computers? If you run the executable on the original computer, how does it behave?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,052 Views)

This is my files.

The main is the main VI. 

zda2.build checksum,vtg convertor, gga2 is the sub VI of the main.

The config screen is a different application. 

I made one application of the main with his sub VI and one application of config screen.

The exe. of the main get stocked after a few minutes.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,023 Views)

What hardware are you using? USB to RS232 ? 

if so, what are the power settings for the USB port?

Is it the same hardware you are using? 

What version of LabVIEW and VISA ?  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,013 Views)

Hi it's Rotem, I can't respond from my user so I respond from this user of my co-worker. 

I have USB adapter for rs232 port to USB of aten.

I tried to run the application on 2 different computers- the power settings for the USB port of the first one: D0 current power state and the second is: D2 current power state.

I am using labview community edition.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(999 Views)

dkfire_0-1633003985652.png

Your USB Power Option should be something like this.
I don't know what D0 and D2 is.

I can't view your code, as I have no LabVIEW on this PC, but do you have a timeout on your VISA read ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(994 Views)

I don't have timeout in my VISA read

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(963 Views)

Hey,

I'm shared my code.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(934 Views)