LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lab view to i could access

HI,i am trying to communicate labview program with the thing speak cloud , i am facing a error code in labview which is realted to authenity cannot be verified . on further analysis ,this is realating to time synchorinzation on client..can anyone please help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(738 Views)

It would help to use the correct terminology and spelling when talking about things. You most likely mean ThingSpeak cloud service and that service offers a RESTful interface. And accordingly you need to use the specific authorization technology used by the specific service in order to be able to operate with it.

The HTTPClient library in LabVIEW is a generic HTTP interface that is not tailored to a specific use of the HTTP language such as a REST API, or the WebService application of it (although it has some specific support for LabVIEW created WebServices but that is an NI specific implementation that doesn't work generally for other WebServices). This means that you need the documentation of the service with its API keys, user account names and passwords if applicable and then need to generate the according authorization record to be sent with the initial HTTP request. Depending on the nature of the service these elements need to be sent as service specific HTTP header fields or as an (usually) transcoded HTTP message body, but could also be in JSON, XML or whatever else the developer of the service fancied.

The main problem about ThingSpeak is that it is heavily sponsored by Mathworks, the creators of Matlab, and NI and Mathworks always had a somewhat strained relationship with each other, with many attempts to work together, that usually ended with nice marketing talk and very little real products, so there is very little in terms of ready made toolkits for LabVIEW for this thing.

But there is an earlier discussion with some VIs that did work for the poster: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Sensor-values-from-myRIO-using-HTTP-to-IoT-platform-ThingSpeak/td-p...

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(697 Views)

Thanks for the reply 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(655 Views)