From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure lock: BOF bit 23

@RavensFan wrote:

...  It was in LV 7.1.  We had that version about a month or so before LV8 came out.  I think it went away then, and I didn't have it long enough to get to use it to be able to miss it.

The jump from 7.1 to 8.0 was a big one for the world of DSC. I think the Tag Engine was retired and replaced with a relational DB.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,255 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Here's another fun one: Turn on bit 16 of the BOFs for a boolean constant, and it acquires latching action.

latching bool const.png

If you click on it, it will briefly change to T, then immediately return to F.

You can right-click and do Data Operations >>> Change value to True.

Spoiler

and then...

Brace yourself...

Spoiler
The constant would be " ...true and nothing but the true so help me...

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 12 of 16
(1,251 Views)

Se page 3-7 of the DSC course manual for LV 7.1 to see the lock icon.

Ben

Message 13 of 16
(1,242 Views)

I don't put bad things in my code (unless it's just a brain teaser).

I poke around a lot.  Sometimes I find interesting or funny things.  Sometimes I even find cool useful stuff.

As for that auto-resetting boolean constant: When you encounter something that's acting funky, doesn't it occur to you to just delete it and drop a new one?  (However if I wanted to be mean, I could turn on BOF bit 3 or 4 which makes it not selectable.)

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 14 of 16
(1,224 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

I don't put bad things in my code (unless it's just a brain teaser).

I poke around a lot.  Sometimes I find interesting or funny things.  Sometimes I even find cool useful stuff.

As for that auto-resetting boolean constant: When you encounter something that's acting funky, doesn't it occur to you to just delete it and drop a new one?  (However if I wanted to be mean, I could turn on BOF bit 3 or 4 which makes it not selectable.)

I omitted a smiley on that previous post Paul. I was jsut having fun.

Thank you fo rhte entertainment.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,219 Views)

Sometimes I do funky things to make my code nicer:

big bool.png

Here a cluster represents a 6-bit data field, but only 4 of the 6 bits are used.  So I made those 4 booleans bigger than normal.

How about a boolean in the company colors:

bd bool.png

And if you just want to get silly, there's always stuff like this:

silly.png

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 16 of 16
(1,208 Views)