cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String to double conversion

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi - 

I am trying to convert a string in scientific notation into a double. I first use a "string to number" conversion then a "to double" conversion. When I probe the values my string is "+050.00E-03" but the number is "50". I have yet to add the "to double" portion. I tried to find where and how the string is being written but was unable to find it so that was a bust. I think it is in the instrument drivers.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(23,523 Views)
Solution
Accepted by rrp4d

Exactly what 'string to number' function? The Fract/Exp String to Number works perfectly fine, as would a Scan From String. No need for the to DBL.

Message 2 of 4
(23,520 Views)

Hello i have the same problem, i did it with fract function, but the number has only 4 decimals, how i can do for have all decimals??? My format is "7.38389053e1" and in the output of fract function it appears 73,8389 but i need the last 3 decimals to.

Thanks for helping!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(16,697 Views)

@Erizosinpuas wrote:

My format is "7.38389053e1" and in the output of fract function it appears 73,8389 but i need the last 3 decimals to.

Change the display format of the indicator to show more digits. (right-click...display format).

The precision of  DBL is independent of the display format

Message 4 of 4
(16,691 Views)