From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String to double conversion

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi - 

I am trying to convert a string in scientific notation into a double. I first use a "string to number" conversion then a "to double" conversion. When I probe the values my string is "+050.00E-03" but the number is "50". I have yet to add the "to double" portion. I tried to find where and how the string is being written but was unable to find it so that was a bust. I think it is in the instrument drivers.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(23,692 Views)
Solution
Accepted by rrp4d

Exactly what 'string to number' function? The Fract/Exp String to Number works perfectly fine, as would a Scan From String. No need for the to DBL.

Message 2 of 4
(23,689 Views)

Hello i have the same problem, i did it with fract function, but the number has only 4 decimals, how i can do for have all decimals??? My format is "7.38389053e1" and in the output of fract function it appears 73,8389 but i need the last 3 decimals to.

Thanks for helping!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(16,866 Views)

@Erizosinpuas wrote:

My format is "7.38389053e1" and in the output of fract function it appears 73,8389 but i need the last 3 decimals to.

Change the display format of the indicator to show more digits. (right-click...display format).

The precision of  DBL is independent of the display format

Message 4 of 4
(16,860 Views)