Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String > Array > Waveform

Comical...
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(2,063 Views)
I'd like to output the color red on a digital I/O line.  Please only reply if you know how to help, kthxbai

Message 12 of 19
(2,051 Views)

Greetings,

Working with 8.5 Professional. I'm trying to plot a string (abc). Now, although it is a text string it contains data in the following format

mm/dd/yy

When I change the "Read from Spreadsheet" to DOUBLE it only gives me the first number up to the first /

Ultimately I wouldlike to plot DATE (X axis) vs a number doesn't matter........for our purposes let's say "cookies eaten". This would be in the form of a bar plot.

I've tried labview help and examples, the string menu with various conversions, and this forum (which I usually have tremendous luck with without even posting).  I've

attached an example VI of what I'm talking about, and an example .xls that would be read in. The "RX Date" and "Contract Date" are the ones I'm having trouble plotting with the numbered values.

I apologize if this should be easy to solve, and I have tried myself. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Note* if the answer is indeed in labview help/examples could you please supply. Maybe I wasn't using correct search string (pardon the pun).

Thanks in advance,

-Chazzzmd 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,978 Views)

HI Chaz,

You may want to start a new thread since this one is old a seemed to decompose.

But in the meantime you may want to take a look at this thread where I posted an example

that lets you define the names of your bars in a bar graph.

Just trying to help,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 14 of 19
(1,974 Views)

Ben,

Wow, thanks for the quick response. Looks like that's exactly what I needed. I will check the forum thread out as well. I would think by now that plotting strings (abc) would be easier since they can be more versatile in support of data formats, you know in the form of a selectable VI or something.

Hey, thanks again.

Chazzzmd 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,969 Views)

SiegeX wrote:
I'd like to output the color red on a digital I/O line.  Please only reply if you know how to help, kthxbai
I almost want to sign up more ni.com accounts just to give this post more Kudos.  This is hilarious!

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,824 Views)
Lol, I was afraid nobody got the joke, glad to see it's catching on; even if it took 4 months :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,792 Views)

Maybe you could post your solution.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,762 Views)

jcarmody wrote:

SiegeX wrote:
...  This is hilarious!

And silly me thinking this was a comm question.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 19 of 19
(1,751 Views)