LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String Costant Invoke Node

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone, i am new user and a beginner in Labview programming.
I've created a VI to ping device in ethernet lan (of which i enclose a photo). The VI simply shows a green led if the ping "pong".
I would like to use the same Invoke Node with an array of string costant, i can't do it.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,719 Views)
Solution
Accepted by nellooo

Hi nellooo,

here comes "autoindexing" and "FOR loops" into play!

Use a FOR loop to autoindex over your string input array. (And you probably want an array of string controls, not an array of string constants.)

As this is quite basic I suggest to go through those free online courses offered by NI!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,710 Views)

Thanks for feed.
Maybe you have not understand what i need.
In the attached file, would like have a single constructor, invoked and property node, a single comparison and three LED.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,694 Views)

I think I understood very well.

Again: you need a FOR loop that autoindexes your array of IP addresses. Take the basics courses!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,687 Views)

@nellooo wrote:

Thanks for feed.
Maybe you have not understand what i need.
In the attached file, would like have a single constructor, invoked and property node, a single comparison and three LED.

[GerdW answered while I was typing...]

Actually, GerdW answered your question quite well, with exactly the solution (I believe) that many other senior programmers on this forum would have used. Perhaps you don't understand how to use LabVIEW very well, or how to get to the free tutorials he recommended. A couple of the free online tutorials he referred to are listed at the end of this message, there are others. The LabVIEW Help screens are also very good references on specific topics.

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,671 Views)