LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange problem with the dataflow

Hello,

In the UI  I'm sending the new setpoint value through Network-Published Shared Variable and reading it in the RT, which works fine. Later I'm trying to connect this variable to the hardware driver and it looks like it get the new value, but driver doesn't set the new setpoint until I click the up/down arrow next to the variable on the Front Panel. 

I was trying to use something different than local variable in the code to connect NPSV with driver, like property nodes; feedback node and reacting to value change, putting Event Case in the subVI and using control references etc., but none of them worked properly.

I would be very grateful for any clues how to fix this problem.

Kind regards,

Daniel 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,971 Views)

hi and welcome.

since you are new, please skim through this post https://forums.ni.com/t5/Community-Documents/Unofficial-Forum-Rules-and-Guidelines/ta-p/3536495

regarding your problem.

having stuff outside the event structure is probably the culprit.

you have a timeout of 50ms, just put the read-"FreonSetPonint" and "FreonFlow" inside the Timeout case for example, also get rid of the "All RT Loop Stop" and use a "stop" event for the same purpose.

regards

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,957 Views)

Writing a value to a local variable does not cause a Value Change event to fire.  Instead, write to a "Value Signaling" property node.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,920 Views)