LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop running a programme automatically

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am using Force Pressure Sensors and to develop a code which stops measurement automatically as soon as a data has been acquired. This will be let me know the force of impact I am trying to read of these force-pressure sensors. Has anyone got any ideas? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(3,417 Views)

have you looked at the many different functions on the "comparison" pallette wired to the stop?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(3,414 Views)

No, do you care to tell me more?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(3,403 Views)

@HEAPO8 wrote:

I am using Force Pressure Sensors and to develop a code which stops measurement automatically as soon as a data has been acquired.

• "as soon as a data has been acquired."....wire a true bool to the stop within your while loop Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(3,395 Views)

@apok wrote:
  • .......wire a true bool to the stop within your while loop Smiley Wink

... unless he has no loop and is using "continuous run" mode. 😄

We probably need to see some code to give a definite answer. A finished program should never "Stop". Use a proper state machine architecture and go from the measurement state to the idle state (or analysis state, or whatever). The code should only stop if the user closes the program.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(3,382 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

... unless he has no loop and is using "continuous run" mode. 😄

I've seen this before,  and then use the abort to stop.... Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(3,379 Views)

I have my programme attached to this message. What I want to do is stop the data acquisition  as soon as a data has been acquired. I am using force-pressure sensors on a footmat and I the data is going into an intensity graph. As I want to jump on this footmat and then see the instant results on the intensity graph ( you have seen this code before)  I am sure I already have a true bool on the stop button- i may be wrong though! Any suggestions? (and again thanks for your help guys!)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(3,327 Views)

How do you know when the data has been acquired? How many iterations does it take?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(3,315 Views)

well, when i apply a force on the pressure sensors, the voltage will increase (from 0 to a maximum of 5V). My aim is to stop data acquisition as soon as the force sensors detect a change in voltage. That way the intensity graph can take a snap shot at the exact instance of contact of the pressure sensor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(3,312 Views)

So measure the condition and wire the result to the stop terminal. I don't see the problem you are having.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(3,304 Views)