From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop running a programme automatically

Solved!
Go to solution

when you say measure the condition do you mean measure the result and then write an if-true statement within my while loop? I am sorry, i am not too experienced with Labview

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(1,102 Views)

@HEAPO8 wrote:

when you say measure the condition do you mean measure the result and then write an if-true statement within my while loop?

Yes.

Your latest code is still totally screwed up. It makes absolutely no sense to merge dynamic data with a count scalar and wire the result to an index terminal. What was your reasoning?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(1,100 Views)

firstly i have to disagree with you here! Why would i do an if-true statement, when my results are bound to change? They are not always going to be the same result! So for example if i set my true statement to "If ..is 5V, stop, else carry on" it would still continue acquisition if my pressure sensor gives out 2V! This would be useless because I want it to stop no matter what!  Secondly my code is not "screwed up" my dear. You have seen this code a few times over the last week and I have told you the reasoning behind it- and it is working fine! If you do not no the answer, please do not stress yourself! Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(1,093 Views)

Trust me.  Altenbach knows when code is screwed up.  And your use of the dynamic datatype wire on that index array is totally screwed up.

If your code is working just fine, then why do you still need to ask questions about it?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(1,090 Views)

oh look, here comes the calvary! Smiley Very HappyYou people are hilarious, telling me a code is screwed up even though I have tested it with the hardware and I am getting the results I need and indeed expected! RavensFan, if you can tell me my code is screwed up, without having tested it with my hardware, then surely you must be able to find out why i am asking another question on my code. It's called reading darling! Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(1,088 Views)

I do know that I have never ever ever seen anyone feed a blue dynamic datatype wire into an Replace Array Subset function.  It makes absolutely no sense.  If it is working for you, it is pure luck, and will probably break at some time when you start modifying something else in your code.

I really don't care about trying to solve your specific problem.  I just find it totally ridiculous when someone who had now posted a grand total of 30 posts and has been registered on the forums for just over 3 months tries to tell a person with nearly 23,000 posts and 12 years of time logged into the forums that they don't know what they are talking about.

If you aren't willing to listen to someone with that much experience, why should anyone be willing to help you?Smiley Mad

PS.  The word is "cavalry".  "Calvary" is the name of the hill where Jesus was crucified.  http://grammarist.com/usage/calvary-cavalry/

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(1,081 Views)

Code can produce the correct results even if it is totally screwed up. What happens if you omit the "merge signals" and simply wire the blue scalar to the index terminal? Probably the same thing! You are lucky that dynamic data is so forgiving that it takes the first scalar value from that complicated dynamic data structure you just built and treats it as index. Why are you obfuscating your code with Rube Goldberg constructs that make absolutely no sense?!

Let us know if you have any other questions. Apparently you seem to have a good handle on things at this point. 😄

Message 17 of 25
(1,078 Views)

I challenge you to tell me were I said that altabech (you can check the spelling again if you want Smiley Very Happy) does not know what he is talking about! I'm sorry, I didn't know that if you disagree with someone on one point, it means you believe that they do not know what they are talking about in general!

Yes, I must be very lucky that my code is working, hopefully my luck can continue in that you will try and seek someone else's attention!Smiley Very Happy. On a serious note though, don't worry my dear, everyone comes across problems they cannot solve- even "experts" like yourself! There's no need to pretend like you do not want to help (even though I never asked you in the 1st placeSmiley Very Happy). Just focus on the things you can do-like looking for spelling mistakes! Hilarious!Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(1,068 Views)

Look, there is no need to get all worked up about all this. If you still have technical issues, ask, otherwise don't post.

If you bring your car to have the oil changed and the mechanic notices that your entire engine is missing, you probably want him to point this out to you too, even though you were able to drive there just fine because it was all downhill by luck. 😄

And I would appreciate if you would not misspell my name, even intentionally. This is very disrespectful.

Message 19 of 25
(1,066 Views)

"Code can produce the correct results even if it is totally screwed up." Aaaaah, that's a beautiful saying- i'm beginning to like code even more now! Smiley LOL Just as long as I keep getting my results I'm happy!  Oh, and contrary to what your collegue/friend/stalker claimed, I did not say that you do not know what you are talking about!  In fact you have helped me a great deal with the code-especially the intensity chart.  ThanksSmiley Indifferent........  It's a shame you got "stuck" on my latest question. No worries, it happens to us all! Cheers! Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(1,062 Views)