LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop not working

Solved!
Go to solution

In my program I have a case structure to stop my program if there is a specific error.  I am using LabVIEW 2015 that we just upgraded to.  The popup states there is an error, then the next part of the sequence closes the CAN device, and then the 'stop' is used to stop the LabVIEW program.  I ran into an issue that the stop button did not come up and went to the next page in my stacked sequence structure. (I know the CAN closed since the next structure has a CAN device and it was unable to work since the CAN was closed in the previous screen)  

I know the stop button is not ideal since it is like the abort stop button, we didn't have problems previously but would like a more ideal solutionl.  Can I just use the 'Exit LabVIEW' icon in order to stop and close the CAN and program

Is the code ok but need more time delay?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,668 Views)

What's the boolean output of the dialog?

Are you sure the subVI in the second frame completes? Maybe it hangs, so the stop is never reached.

Are you saying it worked differently before you upgraded to 2015?

(Please don't attach pictures embedded into word documents! Annoying.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,660 Views)
The Boolean output is True. Sorry about the pic, I couldn't figure out a way to show the code but not all of it (proprietary info, sorry, otherwise would have uploaded the vi) How can I ensure the subvi in the second from completes, it is just the CAN close command so do I just add an error indicator? I am trying to get a solution but can't get the error to repeat. Why this is confusing is why it went to the next frame in my stacked sequence if this sequence didn't finish?, or am I confused on stacked sequences?
-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,647 Views)
Does this have anything to do with Display Message to User Express VI that I am using? I am not finding it when I do a search (CTRL/Space bar) or in the drop down menu. Is this compatible with the 2015 or should I just use the One-Button dialog instead?
-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,637 Views)

@ncm wrote:
I am not finding it when I do a search (CTRL/Space bar) or in the drop down menu.

It's in the "express...output" palette.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,633 Views)
Darn it, was hoping it wasn't a supported vi and that is why I got the error, still can't figure it out...
-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,629 Views)
A technician let me know the popup didn't show up, so the Boolean would be False, which now makes sense that it went to the next screen. Guess now my question would be why the popup didn't show up...have you heard of this before?
-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,626 Views)
What was the value of the case selector?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,615 Views)
Case selector was True.
-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,598 Views)

And you are sure that the case executed and e.g. was not waiting for data on the blue wire.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,590 Views)