LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx missingv from functions palette

Solved!
Go to solution

I've installed Labview 2011 and then DAQmx 9.1.7 and I can't see the DAQmx functions in the palette.  I can load old vis that use them and they run fine. I can see the appropriate files in vi.lib but there is nothing in the palette. Possibly a daqmx/labview compatibility issue but, unfortunately, my version of 9.8 that I know works got corrupted.I tried to downloading the latest version of the Ni-DAQ (15.1.1.f3) but when I run it it tells me "No Application Development Environments Detected", i.e. it can't find an acceptable version of labview. Suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,248 Views)

Did you install NI-DAQmx Full, the Configuration Runtime, or the Core Runtime? Only DAQmx Full includes the API functions.  You can confirm which version you have installed by opening Measurement & Automation Explorer and expanding the Software category.  You should see something like the following:

23618i3A86C76ACF4575A6

If you do not see "NI-DAQmx ADE Support", you don't have the full version of NI-DAQmx installed and won't see the palette in LabVIEW. Are you seeing the DAQmx VIs or the DAmx Base VIs that are currently used in your application?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,239 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rossu
Installing either 9.1.7 or 15 for LabVIEW 2011 is wrong. You have to install a version that is compatible.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B0D5630C0A50D5C6862578E800459248
Message 3 of 10
(4,224 Views)

Well, that chart certainly helps. I have found a version of 9.8 on the NI site and am downloading.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,214 Views)

Hello everybody,

I have the same problem with the DAQmx palette. I installed Labview 2014 with hte PCI-6120. Then carefully installed the necessary drivers according to the many compatibility charts (DAQmx driver, the base, VISA and MAX).

The daqmx-palette is still not showing. I am trying to use an old code of mine (LV2008) but cant get started due to missing functions.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,993 Views)

Did you install DAQmx after installing LabVIEW?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,982 Views)

Did you install DAQmx after installing LabVIEW?

Yes.

EDIT: I installed LV2014+DAQMX with the PCI-6120 on a virgin pc (newly setup WIN7 x64) and followed the same steps: LV -> DAQmx. Now the Base and the ADE Support  are also not showing.

I used the driver from the NI website not from the DVD

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,977 Views)

And what bit version of LabVIEW have you installed? 32 or 64 bit?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,969 Views)

The 32bit version.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,965 Views)

Solved it, I guess.

I uninstalled all the DAQmx related drivers, cleaned the registry (just to be safe) and reinstalled with the same driver from the website.

After the first reboot my device (PCI-6120) was found and after the second reboot the daqmx toolkit is showing up and all functions are working fine.

maybe I'm lucky.

Thanks for the help crossrulz and dkfire

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,959 Views)