LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps required to switch LABVIEW 7.1 local to Volume license

Hello,

You should register LabVIEW with the serial number on the copy of LabVIEW that you purchased. I hope that this information helps you out.

Regards,
Kevin L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,506 Views)
So if I have a multi seat license, but only one copy of the software, there will be several installations that have the same serial number. Is this right?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,504 Views)
Hi Busman,

Yes, this is correct. You will have one serial number that comes with your volume license agreement for LabVIEW. I'm afraid I wasn't specific enough when I said you should install LabVIEW on the computer. You should still use a network installer to install LabVIEW. This will provide you with the serial number to use and will also remove any local licenses from the computer. You can do this yourself by running the mslsetup as described earlier in this post or manually deleting the license file.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Sarah Miracle
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,493 Views)
I just added a new computer to our set of computers running LabVIEW. I logged in to the computer using my username (which is a fully priviledged computer administrator account) and installed LabVIEW using the network installer that I have loaded on our network. After completing the installation, I got the computer ID and activated the license on our NI license server. After rebooting the new machine, I logged in and run LabVIEW without a hitch. I logged out, and another user logged into the machine (the machine is actually her desktop). When she runs LabVIEW she gets the not registered splash screen. What do I need to do to correct this issue?

thanks in advance

jfh
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,455 Views)
Hello,

I believe the problem that you are having has to do with that activation and registration are two different processes. Even though you activated your copy of LabVIEW through VLM, you still need to enter in the serial number for LabVIEW on that client machine. I am guessing that you did not do this when you first launched LabVIEW. Thus, I believe that entering the serial number should solve your problem.

Also if you would like more information on the difference between activation and registration check out this KB

I hope that this information helps you out.

Regards,
Kevin L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,434 Views)
When I log on to the computer using my ID, I don't get the not registered splash screen. Does each user that uses a specific machine have to register? That seems to be cumbersome, as it is not likely that a common user who is not a member of the IT department would have the serial number. I also thought that since the serial number information is entered on the license server, that the client computer would obtain the appropriate serial number from the license server. Guess that is not the case?

thanks,

jfh
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,427 Views)
Hello,

In most circumstances you should not need to register LabVIEW for each user on the machine. However, something bizarre might have happened in your situation. If when you start LabVIEW, it does not prompted you to enter in the serial number, I would look at this article for alternative methods to register LabVIEW. Also, even though you entered in serial number on the license server, you still need to enter the serial number on the client machine as well. I hope that this information helps you out.

Regards,
Kevin L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,409 Views)