LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps in deploying final program

Hi David,

The only problem is that I don't want any of my subVI panels to show! The only panel that I need or want is the top (PC.VI). Am I confusing the compiler somehow into thinking that I want the sub panels shown?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 36
(808 Views)

Hi David,

The only problem is that I don't want my subVI panels to show. Only my top (PC.VI) panel should be seen during execution. Is there something I may have done to confuse the compiler? The first time I set up the project I placed PC Side.VI into the Startup VIs list. This did not seem to work so after reading the page I sent previously I thought that I should have added the subVIs into the Always Included list on the Source Files page. I also added the .ctl files and the .lvlib. Should I not have done this?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 36
(808 Views)

Hi Brian,

I would recommend that you try and carry out method 2 and test if it changes the errors that you are receiving. This error shows that the program is trying to load some SubVI front panels and by doing this method you will enable it to do so. It may not be that you want them to show but the way the program is currently set up it seems that it does require them. As to whether you should have included the .lvlib files it depends on whether or not you are using shared variables. If you do have shared variables then you should not include the .lvlib file in the executable. You are also right to have added the SubVI's to the always included list so this shouldn't be the source of your error. The startup VI should be the one VI that you want to open when you start your application. Have you included more than one file as a startup VI? If so then I think that carrying out method 2 stated earlier should help you.

I hope this helps and let me know the progress.

Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 36
(802 Views)

Hi David,

I followed method 2 and included the .lvlib files. the SourceFiles.PNG file shows my setup. The other files that follow show the results when I attempted to run the program. It still looks for a .dll and then wants read and write functions for each of the VIs included. 

Is there somewhere that I should have a pointer to these files (or library) in my compilation setup?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 36
(799 Views)

Hi Brian,

When the program tries to run on the target PC it will only try to run what is in the SubVI's. Everything that is in the SubVI's needs to be included in the Build. I would suggest you try to build again and check every single VI so that you can be sure nothing is being missed out. Also it would be hard for me to judge the error messages you are receiving as I haven't seen the Project. The errors contain messages about FPGA and cRIO so there may be a need to look into FPGA deployment. I shall try and search for more information on this for you.

I hope you make some progress soon and contact me to let me know how it goes.

Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 36
(784 Views)

Hi David,

Here are the majority of the files in my project. Leaving out the FPGA file that it produces and zipping it up results in something small enough for me to get through your system. If you want I can send the FPGA file under separate heading.

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 36
(781 Views)

Hi Brian,

When trying to run the Startup VI on my PC, which has LabVIEW installed, I got a long list of errors stating what was missing which I have attached as a screenshot. It may help if you attached the FPGA file seperately but it sames there are many more files that your project relies on that I would need in order to get it running. If you could have a look through this list and see if you can locate any of the files then it would be a big help, as they must exist on the PC that it was created on for it to have run on there.

Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 36
(773 Views)

Morning David,

I don't see any screen shots. Did you forget them?Smiley Surprised

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 36
(770 Views)

Here is the FPGA bitfile. 

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 36
(769 Views)

Also, how about the setup of the project, does it look like it should produce a free running executable that would operate on a remote system?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 36
(765 Views)