From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreadsheet String To Array Function Tab Delimiter

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all, I'm trying to use spreadsheet string to array function to read in multiple lines of texts and separate them into a 2D array. I have trouble using the delimiter. The default delimiter is tab, if I leave it unwired or use the Tab Constant, it works, but if I use \t, it doesn't work. I'm using Labview 2013 and Windows 7 64bit.

Anyone knows what's going on? Also, if I want to use multiple delimiters, what should I do?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,816 Views)

By default the deliminater input is set to normal display.  youll need to change it to code display to use the \ functions. 

Also found this thread, might help with multiple deliminaters.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/read-spreadsheet-with-ultiple-possible-delimiters/m-p/805080#M367071

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,803 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Z.Wei

right click on your tab constant, select 'code display'...you might find a surprise:

Capture.PNG

you dont need to insert a tab manually since the function is defaulted to it already, since you have...youll find a double backspace '\\'

Message 3 of 3
(4,752 Views)