From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting and retrieving a string

hey,

I want to split the input string after every special character ($) coming from com port and want to save it in a 2D array, then I want to retrieve the splitted string in its orignal form from array and send it to com port ...

Can anyone help ???

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,316 Views)

Spreadsheet String to Array and use $ as the delimiter.

Reverse is Array to Spreadsheet String

Message 2 of 6
(2,304 Views)

@Arslan125

Here's sample code I made for you. Let me know if that helps. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,294 Views)

@atul_ghumade wrote:

@Arslan125

Here's sample code I made for you. Let me know if that helps. 

I don't think atul_ghumade's code will work as-is. The last For Loop to recreate the original data is flawed. It assumes that the com data has only two columns, so you may lose data. ex. a string of "1$2$3$4$5" will truncate to only "1$2". Also, the tunnel mode of the loop is set up as Indexing, so the output would be a 1D array.

Use RavensFan's recommendation and use Array to Spreadsheet String for the reverse process.

SampleCode_rev1.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,280 Views)

Thanks its really helpfull

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,275 Views)

Might as well (or slightly better actually) make that a 1D array. Right click the 2D array constant and select "Remove Dimension".

Also remember that the Array to Spreadsheet String always adds a \n to the end. You might want to remove that before sending.

Message 6 of 6
(2,255 Views)