From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split and Join Numbers, with FIFO

Solved!
Go to solution

EX.JPG

Above is the code, trial code on FPGA programming Where I have written some known data on the FIFO and 

tried to retrieve it back. The split and join number are giving proper data as when done without FIFO and you can see the corresponding output in appended array.

With the same code executed with FIFO, executes but the result obtained is appended array 2.

Why is this change between these two methods?!!

Am not able to get this concept, where should the changes be done in order to get proper data.

This is the property of the particular FIFO node,

fifo.JPG

Thanks in advance..!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,583 Views)

Hi Priyardarsini,

your code does EXACTLY what you have programmed it to do!

See this small test VI:

check.png(both indicators set to hex display mode!)

I use an U16 constant of 1 (similar to your count input), do the very same operations like you do and get the very same result - like you do.

So I think: LabVIEW does all the calculations correctly! 😄

What's the point of calculating an U64 value when you want to transfer just I16 values with your FIFO???

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,565 Views)
Solution
Accepted by PriyadarsiniS

You're squashing a U64 into an I16, so you're losing the top three U16 values before it's put into the FIFO. Change the FIFO datatype to a U64 and you should be good.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,564 Views)

Hi Gerd,

Thank you !!

Am just checking the data transfer with the code, from target to host.

As an example to be tried out, i just split and joined the numbers so that, I can identify how exactly the CLIPS show data after connecting them through Data lanes. Hence, the need..Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,551 Views)