From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spectrum Analyzer N9030A using Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using MXA series instument driver in labview to talk to PXA spectrum analyzer (N9030A). Am i right on this direction?

I used vi.tree blocks in labview to control central freq, BW, sweep time etc. Everytime I run the program in labview, It changes the values(center freq, bw, sweep time) n that is i want. But it freeze spectrum analyzer and shows yellow solid star in screen. any help?

On my labview program, it shows 0(no error).

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,771 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ghanshyam

Hi ghanshyam,

I assume the driver located here is the one you're using for your device, and it appears that it was tested with the N9030A so it should work.

I did a search through the user manual for your device on the Agilent webpage and didn't see any mention of "star" or "yellow" other than a yellow light that indicates the device has entered standby mode, but that is a LED and not on the actual screen.  Can you perhaps take a picture of what you're seeing, or point us towards a reference in the manual that might show what's happening?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,725 Views)

I think I got it working using MXA drivers. I still dont know what that yellow star was. Anyways, Thank you so much for your direction.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,718 Views)