LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Card Loopback

Solved!
Go to solution

How do I control the line in-to-out loopback on a PC soundcard/Windows mixer?  Is there a .dll I can control with a library function?
Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,813 Views)

You probably need to use DirectSound, if it's possible. I'd look for a .net wrapper first if I had to use DirectSound.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,706 Views)

Programmatically Control the PC Volume in LabVIEW

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kHFKSA2&l=en-US

Does this answer your question?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,690 Views)

Hey thanks.  I didn't know which dll it was.  Still a bit of work to do researching the function etc.  What's the point of the for loops in your vi?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,676 Views)

Please mark the actual message that gave you the solution, not your "thank you" message.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,650 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author grubworm

@grubworm wrote:

Hey thanks.  I didn't know which dll it was. 

As far as I can tell. that example will only change the volume. It will not give you a loopback.

@grubworm wrote:

What's the point of the for loops in your vi?

100X to get from x to 0, or from x to 100. As far as I can tell, you're basically pressing the volume button 100 times.

You can always acquire the sound from an input, and play it back to an output. In a while loop, that will give you a loopback, but there will be a latency. Using DirectSound the latency will be smaller, if it is in fact capable of doing it (I don't know).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,624 Views)

Thanks.  Yea I recreated it and got it to do mute or volume up.  I started reading some of the microsoft api docs but the info i'm looking for is buried deep.  It's a start, so...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,604 Views)