From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Card Loopback

Solved!
Go to solution

How do I control the line in-to-out loopback on a PC soundcard/Windows mixer?  Is there a .dll I can control with a library function?
Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,841 Views)

You probably need to use DirectSound, if it's possible. I'd look for a .net wrapper first if I had to use DirectSound.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,734 Views)

Programmatically Control the PC Volume in LabVIEW

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kHFKSA2&l=en-US

Does this answer your question?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,718 Views)

Hey thanks.  I didn't know which dll it was.  Still a bit of work to do researching the function etc.  What's the point of the for loops in your vi?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,704 Views)

Please mark the actual message that gave you the solution, not your "thank you" message.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,678 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author grubworm

@grubworm wrote:

Hey thanks.  I didn't know which dll it was. 

As far as I can tell. that example will only change the volume. It will not give you a loopback.

@grubworm wrote:

What's the point of the for loops in your vi?

100X to get from x to 0, or from x to 100. As far as I can tell, you're basically pressing the volume button 100 times.

You can always acquire the sound from an input, and play it back to an output. In a while loop, that will give you a loopback, but there will be a latency. Using DirectSound the latency will be smaller, if it is in fact capable of doing it (I don't know).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,652 Views)

Thanks.  Yea I recreated it and got it to do mute or volume up.  I started reading some of the microsoft api docs but the info i'm looking for is buried deep.  It's a start, so...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,632 Views)