LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow front panel

Hello ererybody!

First of all, thanks for reading my message.

My VI was working susscessfully. I changed the front panel themes of my program and right now the program works slow. Could be the problem for this change?

Thanks in advance.

Iván

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,972 Views)

Very hard to guess with so little information. Can you post your VI?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,965 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for answering.

It's not allowed for me post the VI. My question is if the themes changes can harm the speed of the front panel? 

Thanks for all

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,940 Views)

What themes?  Are you using a lot of property nodes?  Do you have large images on your front panel?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,932 Views)

Also, do you have several property nodes which changes visibility of items with no error wire in between them so LV tries to change all at once? That made a big impact in one of my programs.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,928 Views)

When changing themes often the sizes of control and indicators can change size to match a different size font. This could cause controls/indicators to overlap. These overlapping controls/indicators have a large performance hit associated with them. I don't have a link to a specific forum posting to back up my claim, but it has been discussed multiple times.

Make sure none of your controls/indicators are overlapping now that you changed your theme.

Best of Luck!,

Corey Rotunno

Message 6 of 8
(2,892 Views)

Hi everybody!

First to all, thanks for your answers.

Yesterday, I made several tests with the program and I solved the problem. The program have some waveform Chart and the "Number of waveforms in chart history buffer is too much high. I changed the number to a smaller one and the problem was solved.

Thanks for all.

Message 7 of 8
(2,875 Views)

Hi ivanst5!

You made my day with your post regarding the chart history buffer. I've been having the same issue on NXG. For NXG users this setting is under behavior in the item properties side panel. I cut my buffer by a factor of ten and things are rolling very smoothly now. 

Corey

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,554 Views)