LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a ramping function with a GS2 AC drive

Creating a simple Vi with State machine control to create a Ramping function in forward and reverse for a inverter duty motor. The commands are sent from labview via RS485. I have a pretty good grasp and am able to start my ramping profile just not interrupt it and change settings after starting. In my VI I will attach notes on each portion but the gist has the user click a front panel button labeled repeated fwd ramp. The user can enter different frequencies commands for top ramp speed and how long the speed is continuous before going back to zero RPM. In most cases I have the function call back to Wait for event in the VI letting the program except different user inputs, but I want the forward ramp and reverse ramp to loop creating almost a trapezoid wave of input. The problem stems from it being stuck in the loop. Without changing the state machine process is there an easy interrupt function or do I need to rework the whole program. Using RS 485 USBs attached to a computer to send commands to the drives, Labview 2017.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,287 Views)

When you say you can't change settings after starting the VI, what in particular are you wanting to change during deployment? 

Kevin T.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,240 Views)

I was able to find a fix just took a little bit of tinkering. Still learning Labview and have quite a ways to go but Ill share my fix if anyone else has a ramping profile or GS2 drive they are playing around with. Using a local variable on my Stop command on the front panel and a case statement around my state control enum I have false set to continue the ramping loop as intended and true set to the Stop state an easy fix I was not seeing...  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,221 Views)

Continued to work on the function and got reverse ramp working the the same way, so that a user could stop the motor when needed. A new issue has arisen that I am not sure even with highlight execution enabled. The case statements allow me to now switch between forward ramp setting and reverse ramp setting. The issue is that once used the front panel becomes unusable no buttons will respond except abort VI. If the User just selects forward ramp the VI will allow a user to use the normal stop motor command, but if forward ramp is chosen and than reverse ramp the buttons cease to work. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,217 Views)

Can modbus cause VI resource lock up? I keep running through different ways to implement my code and am pretty stumped on why I cant interact with any front panel buttons after switching to reverse on the motor. essentially the same setup that got to reverse motor is set up to return the motor to forward if the user hits the button. tried starting it from reverse and switching to forward and have the same issue. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,207 Views)